Hello students and parents! Summer season is beginning! It's time to evaluate your progress and make decisions on where you would like to improve and how to go about it! The spring time growth should be taking bloom and helping you become better every day.
- We are actively switching away from Kicksite and PayPal. Be sure to get the Spark Member app to set up your account. This will allow everything to be tracked in a single program - student records, invoices and memberships, communications, and payments. We are still planning on moving away from BAND, but there is still some work to be done there. Until we are ready, expect to continue to get messages in BAND, Facebook, and email as in the past. Everyone will need to get memberships set up in the system for Summer season. Mr. K is willing to help each of you in person at the school to make things go smoother for everyone. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to get access set up and your membership in place, and will save time for everyone going forward. If you have questions, be sure to connect with Mr. K so that you aren't over paying by mistake!
Congratulations goes out to those that competed in the 2023 World Tang Soo Do Association Region 3 Spring Championship. Our school went down with eleven competitors and came back with many medals! We had THREE individuals that were runner-up in their division for the overall cup! Xena Hannine was runner-up for Female Junior Color Belt, Jessica Hannine was runner-up for Female Senior Color Belt, and Dorothy Sandness was runner-up for Female Senior Black Belt.
- In addition to all the medals and awards of the championship, we came back with four students that have successfully tested to black belt! Help us in congratulating our new black belts: Virginia Sandness, Jessica Hannine, Sonya Hannine, Harry Shears
- We would like to take a moment to thank Mr. Scot Bennett and Mrs. Ryan Bennett for all their hard work helping develop and teach our programs over the past several years. They will be stepping back from teaching for a while for personal reasons. We hope to see them back soon for events and classes!
- With the change in our instructor line-up, there will be some changes in our class schedule. Currently, there are only two changes verified for summer season:
- No Tuesday class for TSD adults (ages 13+)
- Thrusday TSD youth class (ages 7-12) will be held from 5:00 to 5:45pm
The following are some important dates to remember. Each announcement is tagged with a program to help our members know which items are most important to them. Don't forget to check our Class Schedule as well as the Band app and the whiteboards in the school for announcements and schedules.
- Summer #tangsoo #haidong Students should be setting goals, using their journals and practicing at home for the best results. With nicer weather, it is much harder to want to come to class or practice. That is why you should have a routine, a habit, to do so on your own!
- Summer #tangsoo Chisholm Community Education classes finish on May 31st and will be out of session until next fall. Students from that program that wish to continue training are invited to come to Resurgence in Virginia! Talk with Mr. K to get set up.
- Jun #kigong Chisholm classes with Mrs. Wickstrom will continue classes via Zoom Tuesdays and Saturdays at 9:00am. Contact her for the Zoom invite.
- Jun #kigong Virginia classes with Mrs. Ekmark will continue at Olcott Park on Tuesdays 11:00am, weather permitting. Contact her for more information.
- Jun #kigong Palo classes with Mr. Wilkes will continue at the Loon Lake Community Center on Thursdays at 10:00am. Contact him for more information.
- May 31 #tangsoo #haidong #tigers Summer season begins! Note the new class schedule on our website.
- Jun 5 #tangsoo #haidong Students are allowed to wear school summer season t-shirts as a replacement for their uniform top for regular classes at RMA! You can pre-order this year's summer season shirt. The order form closes down June 5, so do it soon. Students check band for a discount code.
- Jun 9-11 #kigong Iron Range Ki Gong Clinic will be held once again at Resurgence. Join us once again with red shirt masters John Robertson and Ramona Wickstrom! Registration and information available online.
- Jul 6 #tigers Plans are being developed for our Summer Tiny Tigers classes now. More information to follow!
- Jul 15 #tangsoo 2023 Region 3 Black Belt Camp will be held in Stewartville, MN with a day-camp format on Saturday. There will be optional Friday evening and Sunday morning activities as well. Hotel information will be provided when available on the Region 3 event page.
- Jul 27-29 #tangsoo 2023 WTSDA US National Championship will be held in Schaumburg, IL. Registration is live and there is a Facebook event with more information.
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact us with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do. firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact an instructor.