Purpose of Tiny Tiger Program
There are a number of goals that we have designed our Tiny Tigers program around. With many other activity options for children to play games or compete against each other, we aim for our youngest members to learn patience, concentration, self-control, and respect. We want to help youngsters develop and refine motor skills, balance, and confidence while learning martial arts and having a bit of fun with others as well.
The program's development keeps in mind that when the students have grown old enough, they should be ready to join our Tang Soo Do classes. In order to make the transition feel natural, we base our lessons on goals for skills that are used in our martial arts classes like being able to mimic an instructor's demonstration, knowing their left and right, basic terminology, working with others, and the ability to process and follow a sequence of instructions. The drills used in class are targeted at improving one or more of these focused skills in a different way to disguise repetition and try to make it fun.
All New Format!
Resurgence is ready to try something different! During the pandemic, it has been hard to find activities for younger children - especially when most available activities haven't allowed spectators (parents) to be around. Our new format takes this into consideration and promotes an activity for the family while strengthening a learning and supportive relationship. This is accomplished by having family adult participation!
The program is not only focused toward developing the child, but also showing the parent how to help the child to develop the skills by practicing together. Parents would get to learn the same techniques and concepts of martial arts along side their child(ren) while showing their children the importance of cleanliness, patience, and good manners. This also helps with sanitary issues by preventing extra contact with our instructors.
- Each student (age 4-6) shall be accompanied by an adult family member (18 years or older) to be on the mat with the child. One adult can accompany up to 3 children.
- The role of the adult is to demonstrate acceptable behavior for the child to follow (being a role model), to help with holding targets or pads (assisting in practice), and attending to cleanup needs of the student (runny nose, bathroom needs, cleaning equipment, etc.).
- Each family will get their own equipment to be used during the classes to prevent sharing equipment with people outside the household.
- All school safety and sanitary measures will be followed by everyone present: temperature checks, hand sanitizer, masks or shields as required.
- Currently limited to 10 young students.
- First-season enrollment includes 9 week tuition, uniform for your child, and one handheld target.
The End Game
Let's face it, it is often hard to get our kids to be active, and it's often harder for us adults to be active while running kids around for their activities. This program accomplishes both of these aspects to the level that you are willing to participate. When your child is ready to age out of the program, they will have learned many of the skills needed to be successful in our Tang Soo Do Youth program. They will be ready to test for their first youth belt and gain entrance into that program upon Tiny Tiger graduation. In addition, you as an adult have also learned all the same skills! If you decide that you'd like to continue the journey together with your child, you will also be able to receive your first belt and be admitted into the Tang Soo Do Teen & Adult program! At that point, you'd be able to join our school as yet another family enjoying martial arts with each other.
Getting Signed up
If you are ready to come try out our new program and get your child started on a path of self-development, simply fill in the form below. We will follow-up with you via email to get you set up and ready! Spots will be filled based on registration completion and payment.