Hello students and parents! Summer season will soon be ending! As we approach testing, we should be inspecting our goals and reviewing our progress daily. Practice is important always, and with the summer weather, students tend to find "fun" things to do instead. Encourage yourself (or your family member students) to keep a consistent practice schedule - even if only a few minutes a couple times a week outside class!
Kicksite has now gone away and we are in full use of Spark Member app to handle memberships and payments. While BAND is still checked from time to time by some of our instructors, communications should now all be moved to the Sparm Member app via push messages and sms. Facebook, and email will still continue to be used as well.
Students should now have the Spark Member app set up so they can access curriculum items. If you are having trouble getting logged in or cannot access things you believe you should, check with Mr. Koivisto. If you have questions, be sure to connect with Mr. K so that you aren't over paying by mistake!
The following are some important dates to remember. Each announcement is tagged with a program to help our members know which items are most important to them. Don't forget to check our Class Schedule as well as the whiteboards in the school for announcements and schedules.
- Aug #kigong Chisholm classes with Mrs. Wickstrom will continue classes at the South-Side Playground (weather permitting) or via Zoom Tuesdays and Saturdays at 9:00am. Contact her for the Zoom invite.
- Aug #kigong Virginia classes with Mrs. Ekmark will continue at Olcott Park near the fountain on Tuesdays 10:00am, weather permitting. Contact her for more information.
- Aug #kigong Palo classes with Mr. Wilkes will continue at the Loon Lake Community Center on Thursdays at 10:00am. Contact him for more information.
- Aug 3: #tangsoo #haidong Intent to test forms & fees due
- Aug 16: #tangsoo Last Sparring Day of Season @ school 4:30 - 6:15pm
- Aug 21: #tangsoo Color belt rank testing @ school 4:30 - 6:15pm
- Aug 23: #tangsoo Color belt promotion @ school 4:30 - 6:15pm
- Aug 23: #haidong Color belt rank testing during class.
- Sep 2: #tangsoo TENTATIVE black belt pretesting 10:00am plan for up to 3 hours.
- Sep 29 - Oct 1: #gumdo Senior Chief Master Marshall Parnell will be visiting Minnesota! Unlock Your Potential Seminar information and registration.
- Oct 20-21: #tangsoo WTSDA Region 3 Fall event will be held in Fridley! More details for the event to come.
- Nov 2-5: #gumdo Headmaster Jeong-Woo Kim will be in Philadelphia for the fall US national training event. This training event is open to all World Haidong Gumdo Federation members. See Master K for more details.
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact us with your feedback. Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do. email@example.com or Contact an instructor. You can even evaluate specific classes by using the Spark Member app!