The following are some important items and dates to remember. Each announcement is tagged with a program to help our members know which items are most important to them. Don't forget to check our Class Schedule as well as the Band app and the whiteboards in the school for announcements and schedules.
Congratulations to those that passed their color belt testing at the end of Winter season! Spring season has begun! It's time to evaluate your progress and make decisions on where you would like to improve and how to go about it! Spring time is when new growth happens as we approach summer - define your new growth now!
- Spring #tangsoo #haidong Students should be setting goals, using their journals and practicing at home for the best results.
- Spring #tangsoo Chisholm Community Education classes will be in session once again from Mar 22 to finish off the school year. Mrs. Bennett will be heading the season.
- Mar #kigong Chisholm classes with Mrs. Wickstrom will continue classes via Zoom Tuesdays and Saturdays at 9:00am. Contact her for the Zoom invite.
- Mar #kigong Virginia classes with Mrs. Ekmark will continue at Olcott Park on Tuesdays 11:00am, weather permitting. Contact her for more information.
- Mar #kigong Palo classes with Mr. Wilkes will continue at the Loon Lake Community Center on Thursdays at 10:00am. Contact him for more information.
- Mar 20 #tangsoo #haidong Open Enrollment ends.
- Mar 23 #tigers Tiny Tiger spring season begins
- May 4 #tangsoo #haidong Intent to test form closes! Get your forms submitted before this date if you plan to test for your next color belt rank.
- May 12-13 #haidong Midwest Haidong Gumdo will be holding the spring event in Fridley, MN. More information to follow on the Midwest Haidong Gumdo event page.
- May 17 #tangsoo Test Day Sparring! Bring your gear and prepare to sweat while showing instructors your skills. 4:30 - 6:15pm
- May 19-21 #tangsoo 2023 Region 3 Spring Championship, Clinic and Black Belt Test to be held in Rochester, MN. More information and registration link is available on the Region 3 event page.
- May 22 #tangsoo Test Day Curriculum! Be prepared to demonstrate everything you have been taught to this point! All forms, all one-steps, all drills will be graded. 4:30 - 6:15pm
- May 24 #tangsoo #tigers Promotion Day! Color belt promotions will be announced. 4:30 - 6:00pm
- May 24 #haidong Color belt test day! Be prepared to demonstrate everything you have been taught! All forms and all drills will be graded.
- Jun 9-11 #kigong World Ki Gong - Iron Range Clinic right here at Resurgence! Join us once again with red shirt masters John Robertson and Ramona Wickstrom!
- Jul 15 #tangsoo 2023 Region 3 Black Belt Camp will be held in Stewartville, MN with a day-camp format on Saturday. There will be optional Friday evening and Sunday morning activities as well. Hotel information will be provided when available on the Region 3 event page.
- Jul 27-29 #tangsoo 2023 WTSDA US National Championship will be held in Schaumburg, IL. Registration is live and there is a Facebook event with more information.
Students and parents: Don't forget to get into the appropriate BAND for the program(s) you are part of. This is our preferred way to stay in touch with instructors, get important announcements, and even share pictures and videos from class and events. BAND is not tied to a social media network, it is for communicating with our students and instructors. There are often posts found in BAND that are not anywhere else in our communications (class sign-ups, additional class information). It is also where you will learn when classes have been canceled! If you have problems getting into Band, talk to an instructor.
Click here to set up BAND for Tang Soo Do (karate)
Click here to set up BAND for Haidong Gumdo (swords)
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact us with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do. firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact an instructor.