As we #surge into our Spring 2021 season, we will have a number of changes happening in the school. The biggest and most noticeable change will be our mat layout. After the announcement of possible changes to allow more students into each class (still exceeding the MN mandates for covid-19), we took over a week to collect feedback from our current students and parents. All feedback given was positive and delivered with smiles (behind masks or via Zoom) at the prospect of getting closer to our previous class sizes. Everybody has done a wonderful job following distancing and masking guidelines this year, and we are slowly getting closer to a "normal" procedure after a year of restrictions.
Beginning Spring Season, these guidelines will be followed. We realize many of you have difficulties with masks during classes. We encourage you to try using a face shield in class or join us via Zoom instead of not participating.
- Each class is limited to 18 students
- Students are distanced about 10 feet (current mandate is 6 feet)
- No partner work except with family members
- All students must wear a face covering (mask or face shield)
We have set up a student payment page on our website so that invoices are able to be paid online in a more efficient manner. When an invoice is due, you should get an email from kicksite with a link to the payment page. You can also find a link for the page in Band.
- 2021 #kigong Region 3 monthly ki gong sessions are available! Classes are once a month on a Friday at 6:30-9:00pm. Cost is $30/class ($330 for the full year). Classes are held via Zoom with in-person options possible. More information can be found on the Region 3 Ki Gong page of our site.
- Mar #kigong Zoom classes with Mrs. Wickstrom continue Tuesdays at 9:00am-10:00pm. The feature set of exercise for the month will be the Eight Pieces of Brocade.
- Mar #kigong In person classes with Mrs. Ekmark continue at the school on Tuesdays at 11:00am-12:00pm.
- Mar 1 #tsd #haidong Spring season begins! Mr. Bennett had put together a fund-raiser online at the start of the year. With the funds that were donated, we are able to offer 5% off all tuition fees paid during March!
- Mar 19 #kigong Region 3 monthly class 6:30-9:00pm. See above announcement for more information.
New t-shirts are in! If you are interested in getting a school shirt, let an instructor know. Prices range from $15 to $22 based on size. In addition, we have a sale on all vintage t-shirts for $12! Vintage t-shirts include anything with Range Martial Arts or Range Martial Arts East printed on them.
Students and parents: Don't forget to get into the appropriate BAND for the program(s) you are part of. This is our preferred way to stay in touch with instructors, get important announcements, and even share pictures from class and events. It is where you will learn when classes have been canceled due to bad weather or road conditions! If you are having trouble getting in, talk with an instructor.
Tang Soo Do (karate) · Haidong Gumdo (swords)
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact us with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do. firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact an instructor.