Instructors are still working on improving programs with small changes as well as slowly making changes to the school. Some of the larger changes being planned include improving a receiving and viewing area. There is much work to be done, and it will take some time with the busy schedules that we all have.
With the distancing mandate lifted, we will begin partner work once again. This opens up the other half of our curriculum that we have not been able to do for over a year. Masks are not required, but suggested for those not vaccinated - matching with the CDC recommendations. Read more information about our covid policies.
Our class guidelines will be updated:
- Each class is limited to 18 students
- Students are initially distanced about 6 feet (like previous years)
- Partner work will begin with and witout sparring gear. Masks are optional.
- If you do not feel well, stay home (like previous years). You can still participate via the Zoom stream.
The following are some important items and dates to remember. Each announcement is tagged with a program to help our members know which items are most important to them.
- May 31 There will be no classes on Memorial Day. Please take time to remember those who paid the ultimate price for our country.
- Jun #tangsoo Students that would like to participate in classes at the school should be sure to sign up for a time slot EACH CLASS DAY. Because students are allowed to choose a time slot, there are days when classes fill up for one of the times. Usually the 4:30 time slot is close to capacity, but sometimes it is the 5:30 slot. We will continue to do this until we have a stable instructor roster for each day of the week.
- Jun #kigong Virginia classes with Mrs. Ekmark will continue at Olcott Park (or the school with bad weather) on Tuesdays. See our class schedule for more info.
- Jun #kigong Chisholm classes with Mrs. Wickstrom will continue at the park behind the Chisholm Police Department. Classes will feature the 12 Points Tapping for the month. See our class schedule for more info. No class on Sat., June 26.
- Jun 2 #tangsoo Summer Season begins! Students are allowed to wear their summer uniforms (uniform pants & a school or event t-shirt).
- Summer Season #tangsoo We are still waiting on shipments for certain sizes of our new uniforms. We apologize for the delay, and our supplier is working hard on trying to get the items in stock and prepared for us. We did receive most of them now, just a couple of the smaller sizes are left to arrive.
- Jun 10 #tangsoo We have our branded sparring gear set up and ready for order! There are four options available for types of gear as well as an optional face shield for each type. There is a post in Band with more information! The order will be put in on June 10, so check your gear now and get in on the order!
- Aug #tangsoo Red belts and higher will be able to participate in a school black belt pretest. This will be a hard workout and will be required for anyone that is hoping to do the regional pretest or testing during the October event. Dates will be arranged as the time approaches. There may be additional opportunities to practice for this pretest during summer season.
Students and parents: Don't forget to get into the appropriate BAND for the program(s) you are part of. This is our preferred way to stay in touch with instructors, get important announcements, and even share pictures from class and events. There are often posts found here that are not anywhere else in our communications (class sign-ups, additional class information). It is also where you will learn when classes have been canceled! If you are having trouble getting in, talk with an instructor.
Tang Soo Do (karate) · Haidong Gumdo (swords)
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact us with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do. email@example.com or Contact an instructor.