The following are some important items and dates to emember. Each announcement is tagged with a program to help our members know which items are most important to them.
- FALL: #tangsoo Fall season class plans have been posted in Band.
- Oct #kigong Virginia classes with Mrs. Ekmark continue on Mondays from 11am-12 noon at Olcott Park (or the school with bad weather).
- Oct #kigong Chisholm classes with Mrs. Wickstrom will continue at the park behind the Chisholm Police Department (or Faith Lutheran Church with bad weather).
- Sep 30 #tigers Our Tiny Tiger session starts up for fall season once again!
- Oct 15-17 #tangsoo WTSDA Region 3 tournament is coming soon! Start planning now - our school will be hosting this event in Chisholm this year! Registration closes Oct 3!
- Oct 18 #tangsoo Intent to Test forms may now be submitted for your next color belt rank test. You will find the link to the online form as a notice in the Tang Soo Do Band.
- Oct 18 #haidong Intent to Test forms may now be submitted for your next color belt rank test. You will find the link to the online form as a notice in the Haidong Gumdo Band.
Tang Soo Do Tournament Notes
Our focus coming into October has been the WTSDA Region 3 tournament. This is not normal for us, but this is the first event in over two years, and we are the event host this time around. The last time our school hosted was 2011! We are happy those that have decided not to participate have still been supportive of our preparation. We will be back to normal here soon - expect a lot of one-steps!
We will be asking for volunteers to help with things for the tournament. This could be anything from registration table help, bringing trophies to rings, set up of chairs/tables, etc. If any students, family, or friends would like to help in any way, please contact Mr. K.
All tournament participants must have their patches and appropriate trim on their white uniform. Participating youth students need to have the CORRECT BELT for competition - it may not be the same as the one you wear for classes currently. Mr. K will check those registered the week of the tournament.
Sparring gear MUST include helmet, gloves, boots (ordered through the school), a mouthguard, and male participants must have groin protection (you can get those at the sports store right by the school).
Students and parents: Don't forget to get into the appropriate BAND for the program(s) you are part of. This is our preferred way to stay in touch with instructors, get important announcements, and even share pictures and videos from class and events. There are often posts found in BAND that are not anywhere else in our communications (class sign-ups, additional class information). It is also where you will learn when classes have been canceled! If you have problems getting into Band, talk to an instructor.
Tang Soo Do (karate) · Haidong Gumdo (swords)
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact us with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do. email@example.com or Contact an instructor.