The following are some important items and dates to emember. Each announcement is tagged with a program to help our members know which items are most important to them.
- Aug #kigong Virginia classes with Mrs. Ekmark are changing back to Mondays from 11am-12 noon at Olcott Park (or the school with bad weather).
- Aug #kigong Chisholm classes with Mrs. Wickstrom will continue at the park behind the Chisholm Police Department. The focus for the month is Six Healing Sounds
- Aug #kigong Classes with Mr. Wilkes and Mrs. Ekmark will be held at the Virginia Library Tuesdays from 1pm-2pm during the month.
- Aug #tangsoo Red belts and higher will be able to participate in a school black belt pretest. This will be a hard workout and will be required for anyone that is hoping to do the regional pretest or testing during the October event. Dates will be arranged as the time approaches. The date will be set soon and students will be notified via Band at that time.
- Aug 12: #tangsoo Intent to Test submission deadline! If you do not have your form submitted and fees paid by Thursday night, your student will not be eligible to test for their next rank. If you have questions about your account or the process, be sure to ask Mr. Koivisto (email, band, messenger, or at the school)
- Aug 23: #haidong #tangsoo Open enrollment begins. New students can sign up for a trial membership through October 13.
- Aug 23 & 25: #tangsoo Color belt students will be testing for their next ranks. Those that have submitted their intent to test forms will have scores recorded over both days.
- Aug 25: #haidong Color belt students will be testing for their next ranks.
- Aug 30: #haidong #tangsoo Fall season begins! Belts will be presented from the previous week's testing.
- Oct #tangsoo The next WTSDA Region 3 tournament is coming soon! Start planning now - our school will be hosting this event in Chisholm this year!
Students and parents: Don't forget to get into the appropriate BAND for the program(s) you are part of. This is our preferred way to stay in touch with instructors, get important announcements, and even share pictures from class and events. There are often posts found here that are not anywhere else in our communications (class sign-ups, additional class information). It is also where you will learn when classes have been canceled! If you are having trouble getting in, talk with an instructor.
Tang Soo Do (karate) · Haidong Gumdo (swords)
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact us with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do. email@example.com or Contact an instructor.